Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Missing In Action - Sorry!

First off I have to apologise for my absence!  I haven't been overly busy, I haven't had nothing to write and I haven't even had computer problems. 

My problem is that I have had too much to write!

I am currently into week 2 of the 12wbt.  Today was weigh in number two and so far I have lost ....... drum roll please ........  2.9kgs!! 

The food has been great even hubby and Master3 have been thoroughly enjoying the meals (much to my surprise!)  Staying away from treats and cordial has been relatively easy.  Exercising everyday is feeling very natural.  But the biggest change by far is my attitude.

This is my second 12wbt.  I failed the last one miserably.  In part due to bad health but primarily because my head was in the wrong place.  I was still breastfeeding Master1 and was up to him at least 2 times a night, both boys were sick constantly and Master1 was with me all the time as he wasn't in any type of care.  I felt like I had to 'Go Hard or Go Home' ALL the time and I also felt that Master3 (2 at the time) would never eat any of the meals and that hubby wouldn't like it so I was trying to cook 3 different meals each night with enough leftovers for hubby to take to work, keep the house tidy (because being a SAHM you have to do these things), do all those other little bits and pieces that need to be done every day, make sure Master3 had craft things to do everyday, have some sort of social life all while battling with mild depression!  Is there any wonder that it all just came crashing down and I dropped out?

This time around Master1 is no longer breastfed and generally only wakes very briefly of a night time.  Everyone is eating what I am eating.  Master1 is in care 2 days a week so I finally have some Mummy sanity time back.  We live in a different location - one that I like better which has definately improved my overall mental well being.  But most importantly I have realised that you don't have to Go Hard or Go Home.  You have to train hard - aim for the most Bang for your Buck so to speak.  I can't always do the Super Saturday Session - so I will work it into another day during the week or do an extra normal session on a Sunday.  Instead of just plodding along in class I am really pushing myself.  Have my position at the front of the class and just go for it - because that may be the only time I get to exercise all day.  When walking around here walk the uphills but jog the down ....  plan my longer sessions (eg weights) on the days when I have no kidlets and organise the meals so that the ones that take longer to cook and prepare are done on kid free days too.

That is just the start of what has been happening in my head and I plan to tell you all so much more over the next few days!

Hope you are all well

I promise not to stay away for so long this time!  xox

No comments:

Post a Comment